In light of Ontario election tomorrow (Thursday, June 12), the Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) – which includes the Flamborough Chamber of Commerce (FCC) as a member – presented a number of questions to the leaders of the three provincial parties that currently hold seats in the Ontario Legislature.
The questions were:
- What specific steps will you take to eliminate the deficit and pay down the debt, while protecting core services that Ontarians value?
- What will you do to create a more favourable climate for businesses and investment in the province?
- What specific steps will you take to address Ontario’s infrastructure deficit? How will you pay for them?
- What are your specific plans to address skills shortages in the province?
- How will you ensure that Ontarians are equipped with the resources they need to support themselves during retirement, without placing too great a burden on Ontario businesses?
As our members, families and employees prepare to cast their votes tomorrow, it may be helpful to read the OCC document first. For the answers to the questions posed by the OCC, please click HERE.