We start this Members Only with a friendly reminder that the Flamborough Chamber of Commerce (FCC) will hold its Annual General Meeting (AGM) this Wednesday, September 19 beginning at 7:30 p.m. at the Dutch Mill Country Market on Millgrove Side Road.
We know that most FCC members have busy schedules but we urge as many as possible to join us. In addition to the annual report, there will be consideration of the Audited Financial Statements as well as some significant changes proposed to the FCC By-Laws.
- After several years of study and review, the FCC Board of Directors (BOD) is proposing major changes to the By-Laws (to be more reflective of a ‘policy’ board rather than a ‘management’ board). The major changes proposed include:
- Reducing the number of members of the BOD from 10 to nine
- Increasing eligibility for ‘terms of service’ on the BOD from 2-consecutive two year terms to 2-consecutive three year terms
- Eliminate the ‘Executive Committee’ of the BOD
- Have the entire 9-member BOD meet 10 times annually (every month except July and August)
- Those who attend the FCC AGM will also be asked to approve membership on the restructured BOD which will see a regular rotation of 1-2 new members every year.
To better prepare for the meeting, please pre-register HERE. Once you have registered, we will forward copies of the proposed By-Law changes and the Audited Financial Statements to you.
See you Wednesday evening!