Every year, the Flamborough Chamber of Commerce (FCC) honours and celebrates the very best in corporate excellence and community service at its Outstanding Business Achievement (OBA) awards gala. The gala – which has evolved into ‘the social event of the year in Flamborough’ – is scheduled for March 2018 (more details to come soon) at the the African Lion Safari.
Nominations for the awards are now being solicited. If you know an individual or a company that deserves to be recognized, please download the NOMINATION FORM and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org upon completion.
OBA Nominations Rules/Procedures:
- The business must reside in Flamborough.
- The business must not have won an OBA in the same category in the last year.
- OBA Nomination process must be followed.
- In any given year if a sufficient number of nominations are not received in any category, the judges reserve the right to cancel the awarding of that category for that year. At the discretion of the committee.
- Nominees are not required to be members of the Flamborough Chamber of Commerce.
The categories are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Small Business Award
- Large Business Award
- Community Service by a Business or Not-for-Profit
- Community Service by an Individual
- Young Entrepreneur Award
- Green Award
- FCC Award
- Town of Flamborough Award
- WDHS Business Bursary
As one of its last acts before amalgamation some 15 years ago, Flamborough Council created the Town of Flamborough Award and asked the FCC to administer it. If you know of someone who has made an outstanding contribution in promoting and maintaining this incredible ‘community of communities’ that we know as Flamborough, please contact the FCC office.
For a list of recent recipients of these prestigious awards, please click HERE.