The Flamborough Chamber of Commerce (FCC) has been serving the business community of the Greater Flamborough Area since 1982! As the ‘Voice of Business’, FCC members enjoy many Benefits. Join us, Register now.
Join the Conversation…
LATEST ON THE BLOG
Christine Attridge-Hardy and her team at Clappison Animal Hospital (corner of Highway 6 and Concession 5 East) will welcome members of the FCC Wednesday – March 5 – at the next Business After Five (BA5).
This networking event is ‘come-and-go’, as always (no registration required), from 5-7 p.m. with complimentary munchies and beverages, as well as a draw for door prizes at 6 p.m.
We are delighted that many different businesses in our community are hosting us already this year! Join us – Wednesday – at the vet!
Hosted annually by the FCC, the OBA gala “recognizes, honours and celebrates the very best in corporate excellence and community service.” In addition to this week’s Flamborough Review, the FCC will provide extensive coverage in the next issue of the Bottom Line. In thisMembers Only, we want to acknowledge this year’s “recipients” (only “recipients” – no “winners and losers”).
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Frank Spiridoulias (Lord Byron Steak and Seafood House)
- Community Service by an Individual Award – Glen Smith (Merit Insurance)
- Community Service by a Company Award – Staples
- Business Growth and Development Award – Dancemakerz (Christie McKay)
- FCC Service Award – Penny Gardiner (Economic Developers of Canada and Hamilton Technology Centre)
- Town of Flamborough Award – Wild on Waterdown (Community Church)
- FCC Bursary Award – Chelsea Gillespie (Waterdown District High School)
The annual OBA gala would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors. They included Enbridge, OLG, the Hamilton Economic Development Department, Westjet, the Great Canadian Gaming Corporation (owners of Flamboro Downs), and Maria Demkowich (the former owner of JDJ Trailers and widow of Frank Demkowich a recipient of the FCC’s Lifetime Achievement Award). A number of insurance companies – in support of Glen Smith of Merit Insurance – sponsored the wine. And a big THANK YOU to Max and Patty DiFelice of Waterdown Collision for providing the centrepieces.
There’s more… Check out Our Blog!